Friday, June 7, 2013

Steampunk Victorian Silk Top Hat- Collapsible With Carry Case



This is one of my favorite steampunk finds lately- a Victorian silk top hat with a flat hatbox... cause the hat is collapsible! In very good condition,I think it's from around the end of the Victorian era, late 1890s or 1900.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit me or I'd keep it for myself. I measured carefully around the inside of the hat, it has a 21 1/2" circumference. According to a chart I found, that puts it between sizes 6 3/4 and 6 7/8 US. I have it listed in my eBay store right now. Gotta figure out the link thing, but my selling ID is Retromonde.

It's Friday- off to search for treasures. You never know what you'll find if you keep your eyes open, right? Back again- found a nice Edwardian slip and embroidered apron that need a good soak. I'll do that, with before and after pictures, in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment