Monday, March 25, 2013

Not-Quite Steampunk Crocheted Mask

This past week I've been busy working on my online store (on eBay), and  reading "Infernal Devices", ignoring my promise to provide a mask for my sister to wear to the Vampire Ball in Portland this coming weekend. I, as usual, let time get away from me, and realized that "OMG, I've got less than a week to finish the crocheted mask!!" I'm almost finished, then I have a wrist band to make for her. Now that I've made the mask, I might want the band to match it in some vague way. I'm not sure yet but will work on it later tonight and see where I end up.

As an avid DIY'er, I volunteered to make her mask, thinking there would be tons of instructions available online. Wrong! I bought a e-pattern, then realized that while it was not-beyond my skills, it was too bothersome to learn the new technique they used for a basic stitch. That's when I decided to design my own mask.

Here's where I am so far. After I get the "bugs" worked out, I'll write up instructions and share them here. It's not overtly Steampunk but I just now saw a new possibility...  I'll experiment with that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment