Sunday, January 6, 2013

Steampunk Sunday #1

This is my first Steampunk Sunday entry on this blog; I hope makes it all the way thru the year. My personal new year's resolution was simply to focus my attention on all things steampunk. So when I have spare time I'll be exploring as many facets of the genre that I can. Steampunk Sunday is my year-long gift to myself... a gift of time for guilt-free creating. This year, there will be a common theme in my projects, a Steampunk influence. My ultimate goal is to add some "steam" to my boring jeans & tee-shirt wardrobe. Since it's almost 11 pm, I decided to start the actual blog instead of completing the 1st project. I don't have any pictures of what I've done so far. Maybe you've seen it online- it's the Steampunk Cogs crocheted necklace. If I'm able to edit this post later, I'll add pictures as well as the proper link to the blog where I found the instructions. The seven cogs are finished and waiting to be stitched together later this week. The original instructions were vague about thread and hook size. I used what was handy today- DMC blue #3 Pearl Cotton (not what I had in mind but perfection wasn't the goal today.) They worked up easily; great job with your instructions, Severina! Gotta admit though, now I remember why I hated Irish crochet... picots are a nightmare. After the 3rd cog my fingers started to cramp up, but by pacing myself, I finished the rest. Off to bed now, congratulating myself on a journey well started!

No comments:

Post a Comment