Monday, January 14, 2013

Just finished 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

In my year of Steampunk, I decided to start my reading adventure with what are considered to be classics of the genre. I choose the Jules Verne book, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. For a Victorian-era novel, it was a pretty easy read. It was way-too-heavy on the flora & fauna descriptions for my taste; I admit to skipping over them and skimming to the action scenes. It must have been a fantastic read 100 years ago and I did enjoy it, though the ending was rather too abrupt. As an interesting 21st century twist- I downloaded this book onto my phone and read it anytime I had a little spare time. Wow, what a great way to get more reading done! After I finish editing my sister's edit/rewrite of the first 19th century vampire book, "Varney the Vampire part 2", I'll choose my next Steampunk book. I've already downloaded copies of "Around the world in 80 days" and "a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", And I just saw that "Morlock Nights by K.W. Jeeter has been reprinted, so I'll be picking up a copy of that somewhere too.

No comments:

Post a Comment